Over thirty (30) years of professional experience in Design, Consulting Engineering and Project Management services in Transport Projects for highway designs, traffic signage, road restraint systems, road safety studies of complex EU funded projects, and preparation of guidelines for road design and road equipment in Greece. Especially extensive experience in
– Highway Design Projects (74 large scale projects within 30+ years), such as
• Concession Project Maliakos – Kleidi (detailed design for the installation of restraint systems according to EN 1317)
• PATHE Motorway and Egnatia Odos
• Access Road Network to facilities as New Dammam Int’l Airport in Saudi Arabia
Duties include the leading and coordination of large professional design teams as well the projects’ design.
– Engineering Consultancy services (4 large scale projects within 13 years) for the technical support of National Agencies and the Project Management for major projects like the motorway PATHE and Egnatia Odos.
Duties include the leading of large, multidisciplinary, international teams of major highway projects’ with responsibility for the management and coordination of more than 25 experts.
– European Standards (EN 1317) over 10 years – Active member as expert and delegate of Greece in
• Working Group CEN/TC 226/WG 1 “Crash barriers, safety fences, guard rails and bridge parapets”, for the Preparation and revision of EN 1317 Standard “Road Restraint Systems” and
• Task Group CEN/TC 226/TG 2 for the Revision of EN 1317:5 Standard “Road Restraint Systems – Part 5: Product requirements, test/assessment methods and acceptance criteria for vehicle restraint systems”.
– Guidelines (7 Guidelines) – Preparation of National Guidelines for
• Road Restraint Systems according to EN 1317 (OMOE-SAO:2010)
• Road Design (OMOE)
• Motorway’s Signage and
• Review of Greek Technical Specifications (ETEP) as expert of ELOT (National Organization for Standardization).