ABOUT THIS PROJECT
Technical consultant for highway designs of North and Central Greece
Client: Ministry of Environment, Town Planning and Public Works (YPEHODE, DMEO)
Date: 2008 – 2010
Work involves the technical support of Directorate of Road Projects (DMEO) in the design approval process for 50 projects. Duties include:
• Proposal for procedures and standardization for the designs review.
• Review report on the current projects situation – General timetable for the implementation of the designs.
• Monthly reports of actions and submissions.
• Projects assessment reports.
• Road design reviews. All reviews comments were fully documented and submitted to the Client in a standardized Design Review format.
• Conceptual designs for the improvement of National Road 77, section “Psachna – Strofylia” and the improvement of National Road “Ptolemais – Florina”.
• Study and preparation of Special Reports related to traffic control and management at tunnel locations, informational signing needs and requirements for mainline highways, work areas and highway interchanges, and Road Restraint Systems. These fully documented studies and reports were performed in relation to various on-going DMEO Projects.